Monday, February 2, 2009

Change of Pace

So, I want to start off this post by thanking everyone for all of their support throughout this whole big experiment. Now, I need to let everyone know that I am going to set aside any plans I have had for the growth and development of Bogle Family Farms. I am going to continue my growing as a hobby, and still participate at the Chandler Farmer's Market as often as possible. However, I will be going back to school to obtain my Masters of Education degree and teaching certificate so that I can teach high school students. I have not yet decided if I want to teach business, marketing and economics, or teach biology and get involved in the FFA program. However, this makes me unable to grow my ideas for helping people establish their own home gardens. When I first was faced with this decision, I felt like I was giving up on my dream. Now I realize that this is just a kind of roundabout way of making my dreams become reality. I guess that's about all there is to say. Thanks.

4 comments:

ducklips said...

Tom, that's a very hard decision and I am so proud of and excited for my little brother for doing whatever it takes to take care of his family by reaching for your dreams. I think it is so important that your boys know their dad never let go of that dream and was able to see more than one way of accomplishing it.

Tiffani Talks said...

Good luck with your future endeavor as a teacher. You were wonderful with my MOMS Club and we enjoyed our tour so much -- in fact, I was checking back to see if we could come tour your summer crops when I saw your most recent blog post :( -- and I imagine you will be an excellent teacher as well. You made the tour so interesting and informative and appealed to both the moms and the children, and I can totally see you connecting with your future students like you did with us. Thank you for sharing your passion with us.
Tiffani

GG said...

wanted to make sure that you and your community knew about this!!

http://www.naturalnews.com/025824.html

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=13202

GG said...

ran across this: http://www.sharingbackyards.com/
Site that gets people together. People who have space, but no time to use it with those you have time and no space.